Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Neverending Blanket Story

I've really got to get going on this thing.


The Leaf Lace Blanket ... it will apparently need a fierce blocking to resemble the photo from the link.


Sometimes, leaf patterns look a little ... well, naughty. Hmm.

I wonder how much larger it will actually be, once blocked? I had planned on investing 7 skeins of yarn in it, but I don't want it to be too long and skinny.


It's a pretty pattern, and easy to memorize.

Anyway, that's all I've been knitting -- the baby blanket, for a baby due in a few weeks. I guess I better get crackin'!

In other hobbies, I signed up for another half marathon. I will soon be flying to sunny California for one, and the other is here locally in late April. I'm excited for both. It'll be nice to be out of dreary cold Maryland in February. There's one more half I want to sign up for in mid-September, but that's far enough off that I haven't yet decided.



Nightie Night, Fat Petunia!

Sweet Dreams!

5 comments:

  1. Your blanket looks lovely. I am knitting some similar lace at the bottom that looks like it will block to twice the width it is now. Good luck with the marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is so pretty, even unblocked. What a treasure it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to see the leaves now, but will change a lot when blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to see the leaves now, but will change a lot when blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, blocking will do magic to your lace! where in California are you going to be?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!