Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tour de Fleece, Week One

This is only my second Tour de Fleece ... it's difficult for me to get into spinning when it's in the mid-90s outside!


My TdF goal is pretty small ... I just want to spin up some slubby, vm-filled roving I bought when I was too new to spinning to understand what to look for. Once/if that gets finished in time, I'll start in on the nice stuff, like alpaca and merino! I have a lot (a LOT) of fiber, plus a lot of already-spun fiber needing a project! It seems like for years I just accumulated the material and didn't actually do anything with it all! I figure I'll make a doggie mat with the substandard yarn I make from the slubby roving.



I'm currently massively destashing all my acrylic/part-acrylic yarn into cat mats. Once that is done, I'm going to work on some sort of massive project to use up a dozen or so skeins of sample yarn in various colors. Then I'll tackle the handspun. I want to get to the point where if I want to knit a project larger than a square, I'll have to actually go out and buy yarn. I don't want to be a hoarder any more.

In other news, my sunflowers are doing great...


A friend of mine and I went to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival last weekend. It featured Kenya and China.


While in D.C., we also visited the Botanic Gardens. It was a beautiful day to be out in our nation's capital. 


I'm not fat, I'm big-boned! (No, she's not preggers. Just fat.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the spinning....especially when it's slubby and full of vm.

    I've only been to DC once... how cool to be so close that you can visit more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!